Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On the Air: Planet Sheen (2010)

I get that I'm not the target demographic for Planet Sheen, a CGI series from Nickelodeon and a spin-off from The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, which ended production some time back. Sheen Estevez isn't exactly a brain surgeon, but he must have enough of a fan base to warrant getting his own show. DoodleDogmania uploaded this trailer to YouTube:



I reviewed the first episode on Nick On Demand, and, well, I'm sorry, but this just doesn't move me. Like I said, I'm not the target audience, but that same target audience has to be privately insulted to have the "hero", and there's a reason for the quotes, of this show be presented as about as sharp as a broken thumbtack. Sheen is named for actor Martin Sheen and his sons, Charlie Sheen & Emilio Estevez, but it's likely they'll disavow any knowledge of this tween geek ever existing.

Rating: D.

No comments: