Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday School: A musical lesson in brushing your teeth (1980's)

While not a part of ABC's Bod Squad series of animated PSA's, per se, this short piece had to have aired during the early 1980's. It happens to be a coincidence that Chopper is loosely based on Fonzie (Henry Winkler) from Happy Days, who happened to have his own Saturday morning show at the time. However, this was the first time I'd seen this one, which SatAMBrainfood has titled, "Exercise Your Choppers", meaning, of course, your teeth.

2 comments:

magicdog said...

I do remember seeing this PSA back in the day but I could have sworn it first appeared circa 1978-79.

As I've posted before in the Time For Timer posts, these were the days when PSAs for the most part didn't preach too hard and you didn't mind the entertainment that went with the message.

hobbyfan said...

Considering I never saw it until finding it on YouTube, I will have to do some further research. It does look like DePatie Freleng did the animation on this one.