Friday, March 14, 2014

Bad TV: Yo, Yogi! (1991)

I don't know about you, but I count myself fortunate I never watched an episode of Yo, Yogi!.

One year after the grown-up Yogi Bear we all know took part in the Fender Bender 500, some genius decided to use Yogi, Boo-Boo, Cindy, and friends, plus Dick Dastardly & Muttley, for the last Hanna-Barbera de-aging experiment. Since NBC was giving up on toons anyway, this was the lamest of lame ducks.

Universally reviled because of the very idea of making the gang into juveniles (Boo-Boo on a skateboard I can take, but other than that....WHAT?), Yo, Yogi! may be the single biggest reason why a generation of creative types at Cartoon Network have shown other classic characters a great deal of disrespect.

Suffer through the open, and I'll see you later.



Rating (just for the concept alone): C.

No comments: