Thursday, April 24, 2014

Toon Rock: (I Love You But) I Ain't Gonna Be Your Fool (1963)

A while back, we presented a clip from Ann-Margret's appearance on The Flintstones, when she sang a lullaby to Pebbles.

This time, here's the show-stopping number that closed the episode. "(I Love You But) I Ain't Gonna Be Your Fool" starts with Ann going solo, but after a pause to say goodbye to Pebbles, who's watching at home with her mother, Wilma, Ann gets Fred & Barney to join her. Henry Corden took over for Alan Reed to do the singing, but Mel Blanc needs no one to take his place and let Barney croon......



Swingin', man. I'm keeping a watch out for "The Rock Vegas Story", in which Barney and Betty (Bea Benaderet) perform a duet of "When You're Smiling". If/when someone puts it on YouTube, we'll get it here.

2 comments:

magicdog said...

Love this tune! Always have! I think this was the show that introduced me to Ann-Margret.

Even back then she was an entertainment dynamo!

hobbyfan said...

It's just too bad that there wasn't a proper soundtrack album for the Flintstones series released, insofar as I know. Even today, nearly 55 years later, they could still put one together. I wonder what could prevent that from happening.....