Thursday, June 4, 2015

Toons After Dark: Iron Man (2010)

5 years ago, Marvel contracted with Madhouse to create 4 anime series, which eventually aired here on G4 (now Esquire Channel) a few months after debuting in Japan.

Iron Man, along with Blade, Wolverine, & X-Men, was set in Japan, but the four series are not interlinked together. Iron Man adheres to the continuity established in the first live-action feature film, which updated Tony Stark's origin and development of his armor to have him held prisoner by terrorists. Adrian Pasdar voices Stark.

Here's the intro:



I had seen pieces, but not complete episodes. No rating.

2 comments:

magicdog said...

I guess that explains Pasdar getting the gig to voice Tony for the current series. He's been pretty comfortable with the role.

I have caught the other anime shows on the old G4 although mostly bits and pieces. It seemed intriguing but it wasn't must see TV - I think there was some disconnect preventing me from truly enjoying it.

hobbyfan said...

I would see something while channel surfing, but it was never enough to get me interested.