Friday, February 19, 2016

Toons You Might've Missed: The Breakfast Pals (1939)

Cartoon Films produced this next item, which was included in theatrical trailers back in 1939. The Breakfast Pals was the original umbrella name for Snap, Crackle, & Pop, the long running mascots of Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Call them the Golden Age version of the beloved characters, as their look has evolved over the course of the last 77 years.



The animation emulates the Fleischers, but it's definitely not them, though it'd be another feather in their collective caps if it was. To my knowledge, this has never been shown on television, though that could change as Snap, Crackle, & Pop approach their 100th birthdays.

2 comments:

Silverstar said...

I first saw this short in a riff from the Isle of Rangoon show. I also thought this was Fleischer when I first saw it.

hobbyfan said...

Hmmmmm. I wonder if it was used on Pee-Wee's Playhouse or someplace else......