Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Saturday Morning's Greatest Hits: My Old School (1973)

Now, you and I know the kiddo's will be headed back to school after Labor Day, and some colleges will be starting in the next week or two. Why don't we take a trip back in time to 1973, and Steely Dan's "My Old School", with Donald Fagen on lead vocal & piano, from American Bandstand.



While the musicians were plugged in, that was for appearance's sake, as, more often than not, they usually mimed on the air back in those days.

4 comments:

Chris Sobieniak said...

"Now, you and I know the kiddo's will be headed back to school after Labor Day"

Where I am, the local school district has August 23rd as their first day of school, just a day before my birthday. Sad how early it's getting these days.

hobbyfan said...

In some states, school starts earlier. It's never been that way in the northeast, which makes me feel blessed.

Chris Sobieniak said...

Not sure why Ohio thinks different like that. I find it pretty sad thinking had they done this 30 years ago, it would've seemed depressing to me to have my birthday right on the first day of school.

hobbyfan said...

Not just Ohio. I think it's a thing in the entire midwest.